• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Consequences?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oliiva

What is the name of your state? Prince Williams County, VA

Got a reckless driving charge for speeding at 88 mph for a 65mph limit. I got clean record so far. I wonder what are the consequences.
1. Would affect my employment if convicted?
2. Now the case if pending. If a potential employer check my background, would it be clean?
3. Should I hire a lawyer to handle that?
4. Could lawyer reduce the charge to a speeding even before I go to the court on the assigned date?
5. Any good lawyer to recommend? Know the legal fee?

Thanks a ton. I really haven't thought it would be so serious and I didn't know I could drive so fast.

HomeGuru

oliiva said:
What is the name of your state? Prince Williams County, VA

Got a reckless driving charge for speeding at 88 mph for a 65mph limit. I got clean record so far. I wonder what are the consequences.

**A: possibly. Do you deleiver goods. mail, pizza etc. for a living?
2. Now the case if pending. If a potential employer check my background, would it be clean?

**A: don't know what other violations you got in the past.

**A: yes.
4. Could lawyer reduce the charge to a speeding even before I go to the court on the assigned date?

**A: no, lawyer's can not reduce any charges, only the court can.

**A: no and no.

Thanks a ton. I really haven't thought it would be so serious and I didn't know I could drive so fast.
**A: yeah right. Slow down.

fedcop110

Ok, here we go. In VA a reckless driving charge is a class 1 misdemeanor. That means that you could get up to 12 months in jail and a $2500 fine. Will you get that? No. If you have a clean drivers history, if convicted you will pay some pretty good fines and you will have a misdemeanor on your record.

Possibly, as Homeguru stated, it depends on what you do for a living.

You don't have to worry about that until you are convicted.

Yes

No

No, sorry.
Hope this helps

oliiva

How does a plea bargain work?

Thanks for the answers. Is there a way to get a plea bargain to reduce the charge to speeding only? Does it happen before court date? How?
Thanks.
Oliviia

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">