• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Construction Zone Speeding Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JulieK24

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I just received a speeding ticket going 21 over in a construction zone on Interstate 57. It is a must appear in court violation. Should I go to court by myself or hire a lawyer? Also, when the officer clocked me, the speed limit was just changing from 55 to 45. Within just a few miles the speed limit went from 65 to 55 to 45. Also, the cop was not very professional with me as I asked her if I could read the ticket before I signed it (as this was my first speeding violation), and she snapped, "i cannot be standing here in the middle of the road waiting for you to sign it."--very unprofessional and rude!! What should I do?? :(

efflandt

You may have been going with the flow, but you should have been paying attention, and were apparently the rabbit that got caught. I know 45 is a pain, but road workers have been killed in Illinois, including somebody's mother, so don't expect any leaniency.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">