• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contesting a "speeding ticket" in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ds28

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I was recently ticketed for going 72 in a 55 but the officer wrote it up as a charge of "Obedience to Traffic Control" . Then added the note "Failed to Obey Posted Speed Limit Signs".

No where on my citation does it say 72 in a 55. He says he did this as a favor so I could avoid points. The fine is $25 but after all fees, is really $108.

Here is the situation, I was coming down a hill where the expressway ends ( I have picture of this ) and had a car behind me going faster than me. He was closing fast and not in the passing lane yet so I sped up. Finally, he made the pass and I let him go, at the same time I noticed the Officer and figured he had to get the car in front of me, which he did, but he also pulled me over at the same time.

Is that a valid reason to speed up?
If I request a trial and explain that, can the officer get mad he had to show up, and change my ticket to be speeding 72 in a 55 and give me points?

thanks

Even though you still have to pay $108, you were given a gift. Although I fight all speeding tickets, I would pay the Failure to Obey in a minute since no points were involved.

Also convincing the judge/magistrate to give leniency based on your story is highly unlikely since you will be admitting to speeding in the process.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">