• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contradictions in the law?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MastrYoda

My name is Mark and I live in Texas. The law states that I am innocent until proven guilty. So that means that It is on the State's shoulders to prove my guilt and not my responsibility to prove my innocence. my question is why cant I enter a plea of innocent?? If the constitution states I am innocent to begin with, why cant I plea that??? I have discovered the difference between "not guilty" and "innocent". Not guilty is when the court states that you aren't necassarily innocent, but there isn't enough evidence to prove guilt. Innocent is the knowledge that you know there has been no crime perpetrated at all. right?

Isn't the law automatically in my favor because I am presumed innocent. So why do police testimonies carry more wight than my own??? Besides, most police testimonies are heresay anyway because there is no witnesses to support their words or actions.

V

Vincent Cosent

Already answered.

Check question from 3-5 by Plifter. The answers apply to you also.

V

Vincent Cosent

I AM Always LIABLE

had the best answer.Wish I could frame it.You wont be the last person to ask this question and have this feeling.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">