• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

This cop was

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Fuzion

What is the name of your state? CT

I was ticketed for failing to stop at a stop sign at which I DID!!

Im sort of confused as to what I should do. I was told if i pay the ticket, no points would be added to my license and someone told me it WILL go against my record, higher premiums on insurance, etc.. while another told me that a simple thing like this wont go against my record.

Heres my story.. Kind of long, but keep reading.. Its very interesting.

I have never gotten a ticket for any kind of driving violation since I started driving. This incident took place on April 6th, 2003. I was at a stop sign making a left turn, cop and 4 other cars behind him was a good distance away, and I knew i could of made the turn safely.. So i did.. Cop followed me for about 7 minutes, and finally pulled me over because I was driving through a street, dedicded to pull into a very small parking lot of a school so i could change my cd and turn back around because basically it "looked suspicious" (please note, I didnt see the cop behind me when I pulled into the street, i thought he stopped following me"). The cop then proceeds to pull me over accompanied by two other cop cars. When he finds out, i was driving the car legally and there was no problem, he gave me a ticket for failing to stop at the stop sign when he first started following me.

What really confused and frustrated me was why I wasnt stopped immediately when he claimed he saw me run the stop sign. I dont know what seemed so suspicious, if I was doing something that seemed suspicious I would like to think he would of stopped me a long time ago and since I was being accused of running the stop sign, then why wasnt I stopped immediately upon the violation. He stopped me on a suspicion of what exactly, I dont know. I was never told what I was suspected of when i was stopped, other than pulling into a school area for less than a minute.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

There are lots of "interesting" posts on the forum. However, I'm not willing to read "novellas" like yours.

Be brief, and to the point. In other words, edit it.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">