• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Corner Cutting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dukemushroom

This is from Broken Arrow, OK...I was traveling through a neighborhood about a week ago. An officer was just sitting at a corner in the neighborhood pointing at cars to pull over. I was told that I was being issued a citation for corner cutting/avoiding a traffic control device. Can he do this...i thought this could only be issued for private property. Plus, I actually do have a friend in this neighborhood (it is across the street from mine), could I use this as a defense...i'd really rather not pay $104 for something like this.

dukemushroom

I just got back from the courthouse...36 hours community service, ticket doesn't go on record and the fine gets dropped. And I get 6 months to do it all, not a bad deal to me especially considering some of the places I can go and do it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">