• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Could I get a ticket like this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Trebor1950

What is the name of your state? Penna.
I was leaving my house and didn`t come to a full stop at a stop sign. After the stop sign (about a half a block)was a city police car parked in a wooded area. As I pasted the car a saw a policeman walking across the street to his car(I assume he lives there). Now I was going a little faster than the speed limit, but he didn`t seem in any hurry to come after me.
I didn`t think much of it till I got to the grocery store a few blocks away. I parked and was walking into the store a noticed him pulling into the store parking lot. I went into the store and watced him go up and down the lanes and finally stopping at my car. Then drove off.
My question is can he give me a ticket through the mail?
Thank You

Maestro64

Yes, but a car can not get a ticket, he can run your plates and assume the register owner was the driver, but he can not prove that if you challenge that fact.

We all know what happen when people assume.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">