• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court date extension please helpp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hanishkumar

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

on october 24th i was called by kmart's manager he was going to hire me and i really needed a job. i only had my permit and no money to get a cab. so i took my parents car and there was a check point on the way so i got a ticket for driving without a license(permit only) the officer didn't tow my car i was charged with 12500 vc infraction my court date is on december 2nd and i wanna extend it for another 60 days so i can get my license in january and take it up to the judge. im i able to do that? am i able to extend my court date?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Getting your license might help somewhat, but you didn't have it on the day you were caught. Getting it after the fact doesn't get you off the hook - you were still driving without a license.

hanishkumar

yeah but atleast the judge wont delay my license. i will have to pay a fine or comunity service. so should i extend my court date?

I_Got_Banned

HighwayMan is correst, however, in California, and although you were in fact in violation of 12500(a), judges normally will allow you an extension in order for you to get licensed. Upon showing proof to the court that you do in fact have a license on the date of your appearance, the citation will be dismissed after you pay a $25 administrative fee to the court.

Failing to show proof that you are licensed on either the date of your appearance on the date your arraignment was extended to by the court, can result in a penalty of approximately $364.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">