• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court date friday

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hotmamasita83

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I was recently pulled over for speeding and the police officer informed me that my drivers license had been suspended. I had been speeding in Georgia, I went to see my husband graduate from army boot camp and wasn't paying attention but anyways, I hadn't paid the fine yet so they suspended my license. In addition to that, I couldnt find our insurance card so it seems that we also did not have insurance on the car, my hubby forgot to pay for it before he left and I didnt think of it. I go to court Friday, what advice can anyone give me and what can I expect when I go?? Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully someone will respond. Have a good day.
Sarah

racer72

A bag with lots of cash wouldn't hurt, you are looking at some hefty fines. Hope that the DA offers reduce the charges and/or fines.

lwpat

Just a little hint. Do not drive to court. One officer I know always made a habit of checking to see if your license was still suspended and watched to see if you left driving. They never made it to the city limits. Amazing how many people he took to jail. Some people just never seem to learn.

You must take care of the fines in Georgia and present a letter from the court and pay your fine to the Illinois DMV in order to have your license reinstated. You may also have to pay the Georgia DMV. If you don't have car insurance thru the military you probably need to change since they are much cheaper and this could cause problems with your current carrier.

I'm having a good day thank you. Sorry that you will not be able to say the same on Friday. Take your husband's papers to court. Sometimes this will make a difference with the judge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">