• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court date on Thanksgiving (is this a good thing)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zichlone

State: Missouri
County: Cape Girardeau

I recently looked at a speeding ticket i recently got and i realized the court date is set on 11/27/08 which so happened to be thanksgiving. I checked the website to make sure and to my relief it said the court was closed on Thanksgiving.

http://www.cityofcapegirardeau.org/MunicipalCourt/Municipal Court.aspx

So my question is since the cop screwed up does this mean i'm free and clean or are they going to change it under me, and, if they can change it and im still ****ed what are some other tactics i might use to get out of it.

Just incase it helps the ticket was for doing 60 in a 45 and stationary radar was used.

Last edited:

racer72

I would suggest you call the court and get the correct date. This is not a fatal error and does not mean the ticket is invalid. If you fail to appear, your license will be suspended and a warrant will be issued for your arrest. You have waited way too long to try to fight the ticket yourself, I would suggest to see an attorney, the sooner the better.

I_Got_Banned

So my question is since the cop screwed up does this mean i'm free and clean or are they going to change it under me, and, if they can change it and im still ****ed what are some other tactics i might use to get out of it.
:eek: Did you seriously expect to be "free and clean" because your court appearance happened to be on Thanksgiving?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">