• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court date in ticket a national holiday

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hepl

What is the name of your state? California

About a month ago I got a ticket for speeding (81 in a 65) and for not having a front plate.

I never received a court summons or other ticket related material in the mail, and I just noticed late last week that the court date written on the ticket is for Labor Day (Sept. 1, 2003).

Since the court isn't going to be open on that date, what course of action should I take? I don't want to have a bench warrant hanging over my head.

I plan on contacting the court next week, but before I do, I wanted to find out if it's possible that the ticket was dismissed on the technicality, or if the court just has a really poor notification system.

JETX

"I plan on contacting the court next week, but before I do, I wanted to find out if it's possible that the ticket was dismissed on the technicality, or if the court just has a really poor notification system."
*** No, the ticket will not be dismissed. A corrected court date will be set when you contact them tomorrow.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">