• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court requesting proof that I paid fine for ticket from 6 years ago!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tommyc

I received a speeding ticket in Travis County, Texas 6 and a half years ago. I had the law office of Mort & Rojo in Austin handle the ticket for me. The judgment was that I was required to pay court fees of $45 and I would be under probation for 6 months. After the probation period, I had to pay an additional fee of $125. Following these requirements would result in the ticket being removed from my driving record.

The letter I received from the Travis County court this month says that I have until February 27 to show proof of having paid for the ticket, or else my drivers license will be suspended. I have the option of paying the full fine now too.

I am pretty sure I paid these fines (with postal money order) and I know I didn't receive a ticket during my probation period. However, I clean out most of my old financial statements and receipts when they are 3 years old, so I have no evidence of having paid the fines.

Do I have any options now besides paying the full fine? The fine is $200. I have lived in Texas this entire time. My license is not currently suspended. I purchased a copy of my driving record which does still show the ticket on my record. I probably should have done this right after my probation period was up, but I neglected to do that back then.

Sorry for the long post, but I was trying to give sufficeint detail. Thanks for your help.

Tommy

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tommyc said:
I received a speeding ticket in Travis County, Texas 6 and a half years ago. I had the law office of Mort & Rojo in Austin handle the ticket for me. The judgment was that I was required to pay court fees of $45 and I would be under probation for 6 months. After the probation period, I had to pay an additional fee of $125. Following these requirements would result in the ticket being removed from my driving record.

The letter I received from the Travis County court this month says that I have until February 27 to show proof of having paid for the ticket, or else my drivers license will be suspended. I have the option of paying the full fine now too.

I am pretty sure I paid these fines (with postal money order) and I know I didn't receive a ticket during my probation period. However, I clean out most of my old financial statements and receipts when they are 3 years old, so I have no evidence of having paid the fines.

Do I have any options now besides paying the full fine? The fine is $200. I have lived in Texas this entire time. My license is not currently suspended. I purchased a copy of my driving record which does still show the ticket on my record. I probably should have done this right after my probation period was up, but I neglected to do that back then.

Sorry for the long post, but I was trying to give sufficeint detail. Thanks for your help.

Tommy

My response:

You have no other options.

IAAL

T

tommyc

Thanks for the reply. I kind of figured that but was hoping there was something I didn't know about that would help me out.

Seems like a pretty badly run court if they are just now getting to issue this warning after 6 years though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">