• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court Supervision, Denied, but meet requirments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Student316

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

I received a speeding ticket. For going, 40 mph, in a 20 mph zone.

The 20 Mph zone, was not a school zone.

I have not had a ticket for over 2-3 years, which would make me meet the critera for not having a moving violation in a 12 month period.

I filled out the court supervision plea. And sent in my payment.

I went to my county's website to check up on my ticket number.

and it showed that supervision was denied.

How can I be denied, when I meet all the requirements?

efflandt

Don't you just hate that when a whole community makes their default local speed limit 20 mph, when the state default city speed is 30 mph?

What county? The only application form I have seen is the one at DuPage County The Office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court in DuPage County - Chris Kachiroubas

Are you under age 21 (they are not eligible)? I thought maybe it was because it was 20 over the limit, but the fee just gets higher at 21-30 over (nothing about that being ineligible). Did your check bounce? You better call them to make sure you pay the fine before the deadline, because it looks like the cost to go to court is much higher.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">