• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

criminal speeding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

harpsaz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
I just got a ticket for criminal speeding in Sottsdale, 21 over. I have not had a citation of any kind in over 5yrs. My court date is Sept 14. I cannot afford an attorney. I have been told that I might be able to talk to the prosecutor or judge to have it lowered to a misdemeanor based on my clean driving record. This should then able me to take the driving school class. I am out of work and am supposed to start a new job but this may come up on my background check and cost me my new job. What could I possibly say to encourage the powers that be to get this knocked down to a misdemeanor?

Hey There

What is the number and description of the traffic violation you were cited for?
How is the citation designated? With an I or M?
Some lawyers will give an intial consultation for free or a small fee to tell a client what his options are.The yellow pages in a phone book
should have which lawyers offer these services.
A first appearance in court is to enter a plea.
How traffic court is conducted, the rights of a driver, how speed estimation made by the officer may be wrong, what plea to enter is detailed in
Speeding Ticket--Fighting or Plea Bargaining

Best Regards,
Hey There

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">