• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal Speeding in Arizona on I-8

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hashbrown7788

Well I was on my way home from San Diego and I was going 102 mph in a 75 mph speed limit and the cop that pulled me over wasn't a Highway Deputy, he was an officer of Arizona Department of Public Safety. I don't know if that makes any difference. I was at mile marker 92 traveling east, which is about 15 miles west of Gila Bend where my court appearance is. He said he could arrest me there on the spot but he let me go with the ticket he gave me and told me that I have to appear in court on a certain date. There were two other people in the car and he said he could also cite me on 2 counts of endangerment but I don't see that stated on the ticket. The only committed offenses is the exceeding 85 mph. Here are some sites that I found that give information on the offense. This is my first offense. This is my second ticket. My first ticket was July 19th, 2006 for 11 mph over on Loop 101 and I was caught by the speed camera. The section number for the offense is 28-701.2 ^3. I'm guessing the ^3 stands for class 3. http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/laws.html
If anybody could help as to give me advice as to what I should do and what is the best route I should go about it. The site above gave me some information and the following site gave me some advice.
http://legal.asua.arizona.edu/misdemeanor.html

Thanks.

Hashbrown7788

also being my first time I didn't think about asking the officer to see the gun at what I was going at. I just took his word. When I was detained and sitting in the back of his car before he let me go, I noticed that there were no numbers on the radar gun. Can somebody give me some advice?

The Occultist

also being my first time I didn't think about asking the officer to see the gun at what I was going at. I just took his word. When I was detained and sitting in the back of his car before he let me go, I noticed that there were no numbers on the radar gun. Can somebody give me some advice?
Irrelevant. An officer is not required to show you the reading (most won't as a matter of safety). An officer is also not required to actually lock in a speed, just merely observe the read-outs that it gives.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">