• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

criminal speeding in AZ.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

induetime05

What is the name of your state? Arizona.
I received a Criminal speeding ticket in Scottsdale Arizona(87 in a 65). I am 23yrs old. I drive a 91 300zx Twin Turbo. I have had 1 speeding ticket before and I went to driving school to take care of it. It has been 2+ years since. I have also received a running a red light ticket that was invalid. I tried to fight it and lost. I had to go to driving school and pay the fine. As I understand me attending the driving school did not count towards to 2 year option of attending again for a different matter(ie. the current speeding ticket). I am planning on pleading guilty, because I am. I was not racing or anything. Just passing a car on the left when the adverage speed of traffic was about 75-80. I am interested in going about a plea bargin agreement with the DA to get the ticket reduced to a speed that would not be criminal so that I could take the driving class. I do not know how to go about this though. I do not currently have a lawyer. Do I need one? I do not wish to disrespect anyone or try to pospone the hearing, but if I loose my license or have jail time I will not be able to continue my work. My hearing is in about 10 days.
Thank you for your time.

five10man

Which driving school?

Which driving school did you go to in the last two years? If it was "Traffic Survival School," that is a separate program from the once-every-two-years Defensive Driving School you can take to erase a minor moving violation. You would still be eligible for DDS. Note: I'm not a lawyer, I just had to take TSS 2 years ago, and I had just had DDS a year prior for speeding. TSS is the same program they now send new drivers to when they get a ticket in the first however-many months of driving.

induetime05

Tss

I think it was Traffic Survival School, but I will have to look. Thanks, and any more help is still appreicated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">