• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal Speeding in Maine

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sade2200

I was charged with criminal speeding in Maine going 95 in a 65. The police officer didn't mark the ticket as clocking me on radar nor did he say that he matched my speed. Since he didn't mark the ticket does that make it void? He searched my car and the passenger with no just cause. He basically pretended to arrest me but he didn't read me my rights and didn't hand cuff me but told me to get out of the car and that I was under arrest. He released me on my own recognance and that was it. So basically I am wondering can I question the calibration of the radar in court since I don't really know how he knew I was speeding. It wasn't possible that I was going 95 in this particulat area seeing as at the time of day there was a lot of traffic and it is only a 2 lane highway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">