• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal Speeding Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nivek

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I received a criminal speeding ticket in Arizona. (28-701.2A3) I was basically driving home from California and not really paying attention to my speed, so I got caught doing 90 in a 75. The ticket in Arizona becomes Criminal when you exceed 86 mph.

I don't have anything else on my record except one speeding ticket which I'm taking traffic school for.

I'm curious what strategies I can use to help avoid this ticket.

I'm also curious what the penalties are for receiving this ticket? It is supposedly only a misdemeanor, but I've never been in trouble like this before so I have no clue what to expect or anything.

FlyingRon

I'm also curious what the penalties are for receiving this ticket? It is supposedly only a misdemeanor, but I've never been in trouble like this before so I have no clue what to expect or anything.
Only a misdemeanor? Believe me that's enough. Don't flirt with things that could land you in jail. Get a lawyer.

nivek

Yeah, I understand that. It was late and I wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing.

I'm looking for some advice or help regarding the issue.

fairisfair

Yeah, I understand that. It was late and I wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing.

I'm looking for some advice or help regarding the issue.
no, you are looking for a way out of your ticket.

How, exactly, does one travel at 90 mph without noticing????

Not to worry, there are some posters who will "understand" and will try to help you to avoid paying the penalty for a crime you committed. They just aren't here now.:rolleyes:

nivek

Well, after about 7 hours of driving and you're on open dark road, I zoned out a little bit. Yeah, it was stupid.

I'm not looking how to get out of the ticket. I'm looking for options to prevent one stupid mistake from really ruining my life.

I came looking for advice on that and not to get flamed..

The Occultist

Mitigating this charge is going to be very difficult. Traffic school is obviously not an option as I believe AZ only allows you to take it once every 3 years or something. Your only shot here is some sort of plea bargain.

This is the kind of charge where it is worth hiring an attorney. A local attorney knows exactly what the courts want to hear, and would thus be best at negotiating with the court for that plea bargain.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">