• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CVC 22349(a) SPEEDING VIOLATION - CALIFORNIA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

highonboba

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I was pulled over by a motorcycle officer recently. He accused me of speeding through radar evidence a mile before I had seen him camped out under an overpass and pulled me over a mile after I had passed him. When passing him, I saw him putting on his helmet and mounting his bike as I DEFINITELY cruised at 60mph on the highway. He cited me as driving 88mph and violating the California maximum speed limit of 65. It would have been near impossible for him to measure my speed with a radar gun since there was traffic all around me - in front, to the side, and behind (commuters, big rigs, commercial vehicles). He does not argue against this as he marks "medium" under traffic.

When pulled over, the first thing he asked me was if I knew why I was being pulled over. I responded with a no. He then asked where I was headed. I responded to work. He then began to ASSUME that I was late and asked if I had called my boss to tell him I'd be late. I said no. Does this constitute as my admitting to speeding because of being late for work?

What can I do to prove that the officer's radar capability has reasonable doubt? How can I argue this ticket?

HomeGuru

I was pulled over by a motorcycle officer recently. He accused me of speeding through radar evidence a mile before I had seen him camped out under an overpass and pulled me over a mile after I had passed him. When passing him, I saw him putting on his helmet and mounting his bike as I DEFINITELY cruised at 60mph on the highway. He cited me as driving 88mph and violating the California maximum speed limit of 65. It would have been near impossible for him to measure my speed with a radar gun since there was traffic all around me - in front, to the side, and behind (commuters, big rigs, commercial vehicles). He does not argue against this as he marks "medium" under traffic.

When pulled over, the first thing he asked me was if I knew why I was being pulled over. I responded with a no. He then asked where I was headed. I responded to work. He then began to ASSUME that I was late and asked if I had called my boss to tell him I'd be late. I said no. Does this constitute as my admitting to speeding because of being late for work?

What can I do to prove that the officer's radar capability has reasonable doubt? How can I argue this ticket?
**A: how fast were you going?

highonboba

I'll be honest here. I was staying with traffic with vehicles on both sides of me going at a maximum of 70 (5 MPH OVER SPEED LIMIT!) a mile ahead of the officer. As I saw the officer, I slowed to 60 and it took him another mile to catch up to me and then accuse me of going 88mph and "leaving traffic behind."

It would be impossible to go above 70mph without wrecklessly switching lanes and cutting other cars off. The officer did not note any of these actions. On top of that, there were DEFINITELY cars in front of me passing him from the distance that he was when he claims that he measured my speed. There was no way that he can track MY vehicle alone on the CA-71 - A THREE LANE HIGHWAY and FOUR LANE if carpool is included.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Translation: I have no idea how fast I was going when the officer saw me...

highonboba

Still does not constitute the validity of the officer's radar reading. Numerous vehicles surrounding me. Why me?

JIMinCA

What you should do is a Discovery Request. Use that to see the notes that the officer will testify from. Then, a TBWD (where the judge will likely rubber stamp your case guilty). After the TBWD, you can request a copy of the officer's declaration. This will give you a good idea of how he will testify. From there you can file for a Trial de Novo and that's where you'll question the officer's ability to distinguish your car from the rest of the traffic.

occharge

Ever since the time when you were kids, and you took his tied-together gym shoes and threw them over the power line. He swore then.. that you would rue the day.

:rolleyes:
I highly doubt you'd be joking about that if you knew who does it & what it stands for!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">