• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dangerous pull over

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pdx_driver

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OR

I was caught in a speed trap going 37 in a 25 (although it was a main road with high traffic and 5 lanes). This road crosses a river on a bridge that is approx. 0.5 miles long. As I was driving onto the bridge, I saw flashing lights behind me. I pulled over as soon as I realized the lights were meant for me and as soon as I could get into the right lane. By this time I was in the middle of the bridge in the right hand lane (there was only a small shoulder). I did not feel safe being pulled over in the middle of a bridge, but while the officer was giving me a ticket, his motorcycle was parked behind my car with flashing lights, so I felt like I was visible to other cars. However, when the officer finished writing my ticket, he drove away and left me with my car off, lights off, scrambling to put my license away and turn my car back on while cars zoomed around me. I felt that the officer left me in an extremely dangerous situation. A friend of mine told me that if an officer pulls away before you do, this can nullify the ticket. Is this true? Where can I find documentation for officer code of conduct while giving a ticket?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Absolutely not. The conditions of the stop have nothing whatsoever to do with the violation.

Your situation would be handled by you making a civilian complaint against the officer, but it has nothing to do with the adjudication of your offense.

I_Got_Banned

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OR

I was caught in a speed trap going 37 in a 25 (although it was a main road with high traffic and 5 lanes). This road crosses a river on a bridge that is approx. 0.5 miles long. As I was driving onto the bridge, I saw flashing lights behind me. I pulled over as soon as I realized the lights were meant for me and as soon as I could get into the right lane. By this time I was in the middle of the bridge in the right hand lane (there was only a small shoulder). I did not feel safe being pulled over in the middle of a bridge, but while the officer was giving me a ticket, his motorcycle was parked behind my car with flashing lights, so I felt like I was visible to other cars. However, when the officer finished writing my ticket, he drove away and left me with my car off, lights off, scrambling to put my license away and turn my car back on while cars zoomed around me. I felt that the officer left me in an extremely dangerous situation. A friend of mine told me that if an officer pulls away before you do, this can nullify the ticket. Is this true? Where can I find documentation for officer code of conduct while giving a ticket?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You're really grasping for straws here... Tell your friend he/she is making things up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">