• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

date on citation 13 months out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

akunitz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MICHIGAN

I received a citation for allegedly running a red light (it was yellow). The officer who wrote citation did not see it, said a "spotter" told him. He dated the citation for end of 2009 though court told me it was a "mistake." Nothing noted on citation verbiage allows for amendments or alterations for typographical errors, omissions. Do I have any recourse if court tries to enforce a 2008 date rather than the 2009 date shown on citation for court appearance or payment of fine?

Thank you

racer72

The error will not prevent you from presenting a valid defense to the citation. You can contest the citation based on the error but don't hold your breath that it will get it dismissed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">