• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DC Camera Ticket Compact Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MrLiou168

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington DC

Got caught on camera a month ago doing 11 over the posted speed limit by a traffic camera. I have a very clean NJ license, and from my understanding, DC and NJ are both members of the compact. My question is: will NJ post 2 points to my driving record for such a minor violation?

Thanks!

blessedldy

If its a camera ticket NO POINT are involved!!!!! Its just a fine. There are no points because the camera can not determine the driver, although it goes to the registrated owner. Again there are no points.

I_Got_Banned

If its a camera ticket NO POINT are involved!!!!! Its just a fine. There are no points because the camera can not determine the driver, although it goes to the registrated owner. Again there are no points.
That might be the case if it is a DC citation with a DC driver's license.

However, in this case, and since the violation will get reported to the NJ DMV as a "speeding violation", NJ will assess points to the driver's record basedd in NJ's violation point system irrespective of whether it was a camera issued citation or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">