• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DC Photo Radar

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Snoopy32

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? District of Columbia

I received a photo radar (automated traffic enforcement system) ticket issued by the District of Columbia Metro PD.
My car is registered in GA and I hold a GA Drivers License.
Am I subject to juristiction by this authority for photo radar of this type?
If not liable, by what statute?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? District of Columbia

I received a photo radar (automated traffic enforcement system) ticket issued by the District of Columbia Metro PD.
My car is registered in GA and I hold a GA Drivers License.
Am I subject to juristiction by this authority for photo radar of this type?
If not liable, by what statute?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
If this is a serious question...yes.

If not, then still yes.

racer72

If you are driving in the jurisdiction, you are subject to it's laws. Google "Non Resident Violators Compact". DC and Georgia are both members. Read and weep.

Hey There

Some Places Where Information Is

Type in Contesting a camera ticket
in the Google Search Window
Wash. D.C. traffic tickets are handled as a civil violation,
not by criminal law.
In the top right hand corner of this page type in Camera Tickets in the Seach slot to read previous posts on this subject.
Acccording to the two websites I checked Georgia isn't a member of
Driver License Compact so this wouldn't affect your Georgia Driver's Licence . Google drivers licence compact to confirm.
Geogia does belong to the NRVC. however.
What is the violation you were cited for?

Good luck,
Best Regards,
Hey There

Last edited:

Snoopy32

Clarification

Yes, this is a serious question.

I was cited for Speeding, 61 MPH in a 45 zone (though I do not recall seeing the posting) on US 295. It is a $100 ticket !@

Thank you for your answers, esp the links for more info. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">