• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defensive driving course, Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

warriornation

State of Texas
Received a speeding ticket in March of 2014, completed defensive driving course in June 2014. I received another ticket May of this year and requested to take defensive driving and they said yes so long as a year has passed since my last defensive driving course from the date of the citation.

So I'm not sure what to do. I thought it was okay so long as more than a year has elapsed between citations or does a year have to pass from completion of defensive driving to the next citation? If it is the latter case, how should I proceed?

Just Blue

State of Texas
Received a speeding ticket in March of 2014, completed defensive driving course in June 2014. I received another ticket May of this year and requested to take defensive driving and they said yes so long as a year has passed since my last defensive driving course from the date of the citation. So I'm not sure what to do. I thought it was okay so long as more than a year has elapsed between citations or does a year have to pass from completion of defensive driving to the next citation? If it is the latter case, how should I proceed?
Not sure what to do? Stop speeding for one...

Based on your post I would say that as you took the DDC in June, and received yet another ticket in May, you do not qualify for another DDC.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">