• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deferral yakima county

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alex0626

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

I asked to defer my speeding ticket on line through Yakima County in March of 08, They never had me sign contract or give me rules of deferral so I assume its speeding tickets only that I cannot recieve within one year of my next court datm they sent me a generic post card granting deferral in a check box and writing in my next court dat and fine due in empty space. I recieved another speeding ticket but I got this awesome lawyer in Seattle who got it dropped to a expired tabs non moving even though my tabs were not expired, Yakima County for ya. Well it should not have affected my deferral since it was not a speeding ticket. I recieved notice in the generic green post card that my ticket I deferred was now committed. My lawyer contacted the clerk and she said that the judge said I signed contract and from what he understands its no tickets in one year regardless of speeding or not! My Lawyer said that he has never heard of that since it is not the practice in Seattle which is where he practices. I have researched Yakima County District Court website and can find not one bit of information on their deferral process. I am waiting to hear back from my lawyer but I am very upset and stressed about this, Cna you help me out Please?
Thanks
"jerked over in small town system"

I_Got_Banned

Dear "jerked over",

Your deferral was not limited to speeding violations; it required you not to get any traffic infractions and if you would check the WA statute, you will see that an "expired tabs" violation is in fact a traffic infraction.

One would safely assume that your "awesome" attorney would have told you that but then again, he could only tell you about things he knows about.

racer72

I have seen the same thing happen in King County courts. The state law does not state which type of violation could result in cancellation of the deferral, any traffic infraction is enough. Expired tags are a traffic violation.

46.63.70 (5)(a) Except as provided in (b) and (c) of this subsection, in hearings conducted pursuant to subsections (3) and (4) of this section, the court may defer findings, or in a hearing to explain mitigating circumstances may defer entry of its order, for up to one year and impose conditions upon the defendant the court deems appropriate. Upon deferring findings, the court may assess costs as the court deems appropriate for administrative processing. If at the end of the deferral period the defendant has met all conditions and has not been determined to have committed another traffic infraction, the court may dismiss the infraction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">