• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deferred Adjudication for speeding in Oregon?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spanishpakizn

What is the name of your state? Oregon

I got ticketed for going 76 in a 55mph zone. This is the first ticket I have received and my driving record is clean. However, because I couldn't find my insurance card (I was driving a car I wasn't familiar with) I was double fined: $237 for both speeding and having no proof of financial responsibility for a whopping $474 fine.

While I do want to fight this ticket since I can't afford to have my insurance go up, I'd rather not unless I have a chance of winning. I also know I was speeding and the cop had paced me. (Interesting thing is that he checked off "laser" as the method to catching me but then crossed it out and circled "pace.")

I was doing research on how to fight speeding tickets and came across the option of Deferred Adjudication. The only information I could find about it was from Texas. I was wondering if it were possible for me to get a deferral in Oregon? Or possibly even go to defensive driving classes to remove the ticket from my record?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

In my Dept. (not PPB), there is no driving school and I have never heard of Deferred Adj.). Call the municipal court in Portland.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">