• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied view of radar gun

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DmniRican

I live in Colorado and was recently pulled over for speeding. Two things I'd liek to know though:

1: The ticket was issued for 69 in a 45 zone, but upon leaving the scene, I found that it was actually a 50mph zone.

2: I asked the officer if I could see the radar reading, and he stated, "Oh, we don't show that to people." My friend was with me in the car and is witness to this.

Will either of these issues help me when I go to court?

racer72

The simple answer to your question is no.

1. You were still speeding. If there is a difference in the fine between 45 and 50, you can go to court and get the fine reduced.

2. Police officers do not have to show the radar gun. This was decided by the US Supreme Court in a decision from 1992.

DmniRican

One more question too... what was the name of that Supreme Court decision? Just want to do some research on it. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">