• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Department Of Revenue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

angie68

Recently I was involved in a situation that I think was outragious in Jasper County MO (Carthage). I was driving someone elses car and was pulled over by 2 squad cars for "driving to close to the curb". I did not have my license on me at the time and the owner did not have proof of insurance in the car. The officers supervisor arrived on the scene and after a 45 minute interigation on the side of the road, I was informed for the first time that my license was suspended! I had never received any notification of this. I had only had 2 minor speeding tickets both of which were paid and one time I was stopped for not having a back license plate on my vehicle and issued a ticket for no insurance. I went to court and produced insurance for the judge and was told to pay a fine. I thought that was all there was to it. Now I have to go to criminal court because I was driving while suspended. I told the officers I had no idea and they referred me to the Department of Revenue..... They admitted that they sent the notice to the wrong address but said it was my fault because I did not notify them directly when I moved! I put in a change of address at the post office.... I get all my other mail just fine. I have been living at this address now for 2 years although I will be moving shortly. I am certain that if I sent them some money and they did not receive it they would hold me responsible. At any rate..... If we are to contact the Department Of Revenue when we move why are we not made aware of this? I would like to know how to go about getting answers to these questions? Who does a person go to when they have a complaint against the government and does it ever do any good? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Angela

A

angie68

This is an outrage!

The general public does not know they have to contact the Department of Revenue directly upon moving! Sure we all know we have to contact the DMV (Well most of us anyway) and I did that. If there is a law regarding contacting the Department Of Revenue then it should be made more public. I think that most of us assume that if our license is suspended we will hear it from the judge or receive a letter from the DMV. In my case neither of these things happend and they both passed the buck to the Department of Revenue. It could be a Missouri thing... but either way it is backwards...

A

angie68

You Are Correct: However

I was not certain which area my problem fell into. Since you do not understand the problem anyway it doesn't really matter anyway... and If you did your research you would see already that I explained that in a post I made earlier. So forgive me for asking you so called experts for your opinions on this matter... I initially posted in the landlord tennet area because I forgot to change categorys... that is why I reposted my question here as well as in other areas it may fall into. Ironically I am glad I made the mistake because Someone in the landlord tenent area has been far more helpful than you have been.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">