• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deposit of postponement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

ndya

What is the name of your state? maryland

i am a NJ resident and got a ticket for 79 in a 65 in maryland. i called the NJ DMV and because of the non-resident compact, they said the court will send a notice of the violation to the NJ dmv and i will receive 2 points unless i a) get the ticket thrown out or b) pay the fine and have them agree to not send the ticket to the NJ dmv.

i assume to do either of the two, i have to show up at court. but i can't make the court date so i sent in a request for postponement which was denied but they said i can make a deposit for postponement, which is basically pay the fine and i can have a trial later.

my questions are:

1) if i make a deposit for postponement, will it postpone the processing of my ticket? (i.e. is the NJ DMV going to get my ticket before i goto trial?)

2) if it does get sent in before trial, and then i goto trial and have the ticket dismissed, is there a way to have them retract the notice sent to NJ DMV?

3) how would i go about paying the fine but not having them send the ticket to NJ DMV?

much thanks to any one who responds

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">