• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discovery and Dismissal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

davedude44

State: Ohio

Received a speeding ticket filed for discovery both before my arraignment and after and have not heard back or received anything regarding my requests. The trial is set for Friday. Am hearing a variety of things to do at this point regarding motioning for dismissal and continuing the trial to get the evidence i requested and look to get out of it due to lack of speedy trial (45 days after arraignment on 12/12 putting the date at 1/26).

On a side not i also talked to the D.A. and said would be willing to work something out such as a lower charge or doing community service for a day instead of the ticket that could cause the loss of my license. He hasnt called back yet and am unsure if it would be best to call him back to try and work something out or continue with the legal process with fighting the ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">