• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dismissable on a Technicality?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lahirim

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Hey,

I know I'm bringing this back up, but I just noticed that my ticket says "failed to stop at a properly posted stop intersection". Here's the thing --

I went back to the intersection, and there is NO STOP SIGN -- just a very faded stop line on the road. There is a stop sign for a different street facing a different direction, which I think the officer might have thought I was driving on. I have a witness to prove that I wasn't on that road.

Would this count as a reason to dismiss the ticket, i.e. if the ticket says "failed to stop at a properly posted stop sign on the intersection of McCartney St. and College Dr." -- and if there IS NO STOP SIGN on that intersection for the direction I was coming from.

would photographs of the intersection help in court? do I have enough reason to plead not guilty?

thanks, again I really appreciate all your advice!

- mayank

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">