• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dismissal on Sus. Lic.?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

s13sr20det

What is the name of your state? CA
I have a suspended license and i got pulled over recently. i was wondering if u get pulled over for say...ok say u got expired stickers on ur plate, but u have one of those monthly permits from the dmv, but the cop didn't see it,(even though it is where it should be) and he pulls me over for expired tags. But he says its for a modified exhaust. But i have proof that the exhaust sound doesn't go over the decible limit for cars. So i got pulled over injustly cuz i wasn't breaking any law(except 4 diving with a sus. lic.) but the cop assumed my exhaust was too loud. so I shouldn't have been pulled over in the first place.

And i was wondering if i could have the sus. lic. dismissed based on the fact that i got pulled over injustly.
(I know i'm stretching it but hey its worth a try, right?)

racer72

As long as the officer has reasonable cause, you can be pulled over. Catching someone driving suspended is just a bonus.

K

Kaz the Minotau

I agree both of the reasons that you stated (expired tags and exhaust) are legitimate reasons to stop someone...even if you do have all the appropriate paperwork. It isn't an unjust stop because your car appeared to be unregistered and/or too loud.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">