• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dismissing Traffic Warrant?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Curelover32

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas, Washington County
2008 Traffic ticket and failure to appear. Is there a way to lift the warrant without having the pay the whole $1000 owed to the court? Lawyer quoted me $1,500. Bailbondsman told me to appear early one morning and have cash on me and they will get me out quickly. There has to be someother way?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
The warrant gets vacated when you appear in court and satisfy whatever conditions the court requires. Since you failed to appear already it is not unreasonable for the court to require all of the fines, surcharges, penalties, etc, that you owe.

Instead of asking here, why don't you just check with the court? No one here will know what the court requires you to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">