• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Disobeyed" traffic sign ticket is missing VIN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

niceguy

What is the name of your state? New York

I got this ticket in NYC in a residential area earlier this week. I stopped at the stop sign very briefly (about 1 second) and I noticed there wasn't any vehicle at the intersection so I kept moving. I got pulled over by an "unmarked" police vehicle (undercover cop) and he told me I got stopped for running the stop sign. He said I should have come to a complete stop, which I did. After all said and done, he wrote me a ticket, but did not include the VIN even though he had a copy of my insurance on him. Can I fight this ticket?? Please someone help me...

THE PRACTICE-26

niceguy said:
What is the name of your state? New York

I got this ticket in NYC in a residential area earlier this week. I stopped at the stop sign very briefly (about 1 second) and I noticed there wasn't any vehicle at the intersection so I kept moving. I got pulled over by an "unmarked" police vehicle (undercover cop) and he told me I got stopped for running the stop sign. He said I should have come to a complete stop, which I did. After all said and done, he wrote me a ticket, but did not include the VIN even though he had a copy of my insurance on him. Can I fight this ticket?? Please someone help me...

My response:

Yes, you can. You won't win, but you can certainly try.

IAAL

niceguy

on what basis can I do this? The VIN? Or the fact that I actually did stop (Even though I don't have proof)?

THE PRACTICE-26

niceguy said:
on what basis can I do this? The VIN? Or the fact that I actually did stop (Even though I don't have proof)?

My response:

First, your license plate is written on the ticket;

Second, VIN's are only used when the vehicle has no plates; e.g., a new vehicle;

Third, who's the judge going to believe - - you or the officer?

IAAL

THE PRACTICE-26

niceguy said:
Can I get the fine reduced?

MY RESPONSE: Sorry, when I call, the Judge's telephone doesn't answer.

I'm a college student and this is my first moving violation.

MY RESPONSE: Yeah, so what? You're old enough to drive, then you're old enough to pay the fine.

IAAL

niceguy

No, sir. I only wish you could revert to a more polite attitude rather than act so brash, it is really unnecessary. I could hire you if you don't mind,or are you having a bad day? I suggest you go home to your "sexual partner" and receive some "sexual healing" cos' apparently you are in dire need of some. ;)

justalayman

niceguy said:
No, sir. I only wish you could revert to a more polite attitude rather than act so brash, it is really unnecessary. I could hire you if you don't mind,or are you having a bad day? I suggest you go home to your "sexual partner" and receive some "sexual healing" cos' apparently you are in dire need of some. ;)
Polite and respectful costs money.
Here, you get good advice and an attitude,,,,,,no extra charge.

You could always fire your current adviser and ask for a refund.

THE PRACTICE-26

niceguy said:

My response:

It just gets tiresome, very tiresome, when someone - - especially a so-called college student - - asks the dumbest questions!

How the hell am I supposed to answer, "Can I get the fine reduced?"

Your professors must let out a heavy sigh when you raise your hand.

IAAL

niceguy

Poor lawyer, did you lose another court case? Or is it the caffeine that is getting to ya? Ok... I have another question... can I ask?:)

justalayman

niceguy said:
Poor lawyer, did you lose another court case? Or is it the caffeine that is getting to ya? Ok... I have another question... can I ask?:)[/QUOTE]

That was it and you didn't even wait for the answer before asking. How rude of you.

niceguy

I actually have a much better question this time. My friend got a parking ticket at 11:15am but the sign read 11:30 am to 1pm. He has a witness who is willing to corroborate his plea. The witness spoke with the officer regarding issuing the parking ticket before time, but the ever truthful "officer" replied saying,"It is 11:15 am the person is not here yet." and left leaving the ticket on the windshield. Should he fight this ticket based on the fact that he has a witness?

justalayman

niceguy said:
I actually have a much better question this time. My friend got a parking ticket at 11:15am but the sign read 11:30 am to 1pm. He has a witness who is willing to corroborate his plea. The witness spoke with the officer regarding issuing the parking ticket before time, but the ever truthful "officer" replied saying,"It is 11:15 am the person is not here yet." and left leaving the ticket on the windshield. Should he fight this ticket based on the fact that he has a witness?
Next thing your going to want to know the meaning of life. geesh.

What time did the cop put on the ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">