• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disobeying Yellow Light

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Yellow Light

What is the name of your state? Michigan.

In Michigan, you "are required to stop on a yellow light. If you cannot stop safely, do not speed up but drive cautiously throught the intersection". This is right out of the State of Michigan's What Every Driver Must Know pamphlet.

The night I was cited was in the evening, 28 degrees F, with snow earlier in the day. The traffic report that evening was wet with slick spots. The officer stated that he was at the intersection and counted the yellow light for four seconds when I had gone through. It was yellow when I went into the intersection.

I was driving under the speed limit 40 in 45 mph zone and did not brake or speed up to make the light. I explained that it was potentially icy out and I did not want to slam on my brakes and slide out of control.

He stated that he was driving around for 5 hours on his shift and the roads were fine. Either way, I plan on pleading my case in court. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have printed off the weather report as well as local driving conditions from the web that are time/date stamped for this evening. I plan on citing these documents at my case.

Thanks for your time.

myworld29t

ok that helps alot!

So the cop stated that the roads were fine, maybe fine cause it gives him a promotion when he gets you and next 30 people for different incidents that look excellent on his cop record as a law upholder.
Just make sure the dude does'nt come up with any more tricks from underneath his sleevs, dirty cops are out there, i really believe they do.
I WANT TO BELIEVE.
Oh and the evidence you said you have is not enough at all, you need back splitting evidence as tone of the cop at the incident, and how what was he really thinking at that moment; did he do any thing suspecious; make sure your car is allways under observation just incase the cop hires some one to plant pot in you car while you go into court; hey what ever it takes to bring you down the cop will do, who will stop him if no one is watching him. his job is to watch you and make sure he reports you for punishment when you commit a sin, but his is ok because he is risking his life on the dangerous roads that he previously stated as fine when he was on his shift, YEAH RIGHT!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">