• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disorderly Conduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dee_O

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I was a passenger in the car with my 2 friends when we were stopped by the police. I was in the front passenger seat and one friend was in the back seat. The officer approached the passenger side of the vehicle with gun drawn screaming that I had thrown trash at him when we passed his police car. Of course I did not throw anything at the policeman. I continued to explain that I did not throw anything out of the car. He then pointed the gun to the passenger in the backseat and said "did you throw trash at me?" in which she replied "no".

Next he opened my door and grabbed my arm and drug me out of the vehicle. He handcuffed me and told me I was under arrest. My friends were pleading with him not to arrest me. To which he replied "one of you is going to jail, I don't care which one"

I asked him what I was being arrested for and he said he didn't have to tell me and that I would find out when my bail was set. I sat in jail for 20 hours before I was charged with "Disorderly Conduct". There was no mention of littering or anything else on the citation. All it says is "Disorderly Conduct".

My friends and I are females and 19 years old. We're college students. I did not understand the need for the officer to wave the gun around and point it at us. He was yelling and cursing like a maniac. We were terrified.

My court date is tomorrow. I plan to plead not guilty. What can I expect? and what advice can you give me when speaking to the judge?

I appreciate any help you can give me.What is the name of your state?

Dee_O

It is how things went down however I am a college student with a part-time job and no money to spare. I can not afford a lawyer. Can I request a public defender? if not, any advice as to what I should say to the judge?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">