• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disputing a speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

longcommute

What is the name of your state? NJ

I received my first ever speeding ticket on April 30th (The last day of the month, coincidentally!) as I was coming out of the Holland Tunnel on the New Jersey side. I was not speeding. In fact, the person driving behind me was flashing me most of the way through the tunnel because I wouldn't go faster. Upon reaching the exit of the tunnel, there were several policeman waiting. They pulled over the whole lane of traffic and proceeded to hand out one ticket after another to everyone. The ticket I received is for 20-24 miles over the speed limit in a construction zone. However, there are no signs posted in the area that it is a construction zone. In addition, on the ticket it says: Speeding ___ MPH in a ___ zone. Both blanks. I feel this was an end of the month "ticket blitz". How do I go about disputing this ticket and what are my chances of lowering the fines or having the charge dropped?

S

Silver91

Ther is an organization called the NMA . National motorists Association. They exist to serve the interests of motorists.
I have been a member for 8 years. The information available and the support are unsurpassed. Do not cave in and just pay the fine.

It is all about money, not safety. As soon as you plead not guilty, the court profits get used up. In addition, if you go to trial, the officer who issued the ticket will have to be there, NOT ON THE ROAD GIVING OUT MORE TICKETS ! If everyone went to trial, the whole greedy system would collapse. Tell your friends !

" Please don't feed the machine "

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">