• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disregard red signal - michigan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

msu ron jon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? michigan (east lansing, to be exact)

I approached an intersection and my light for going straight through turned yellow. It's a rather large intersection, two lanes plus a left turn lane in each direction. So naturally I made the decision that I couldn't safely stop before the stop line and proceeded through the light.

Well, I saw it turn red a split second before I was underneath it, and sure enough, a police officer was turning left to head in the direction that I was. I got pulled over, because she said "my light was green to turn and your light was red when you were approaching the intersection." I don't know about it being red before I got to it but whatever, she can say what she wants and my word doesn't matter at this point.

My question is, does Michigan have a traffic safety program or something similar that can possibly reduce the infraction if I complete the course? I have seen some online offerings like this for other states, but nothing specifically for Michigan. Or are there any other ways I could try and get this reduced? I would rather not get the 3 points on my license since this is my first time getting pulled over. The ticket says I have 4-10 days to respond.

Thanks a bunch if you have any input.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

msu ron jon

thanks for your speedy response. is there any best way to go about simply asking for a reduction in the offense? and what type of plea would that mean I should enter? not guilty and ask for less points?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">