• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dissapearing tickets?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jeeter

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Many years ago I reiceved two tickets, illegal transportation and illegal posession of alcohol. I left the state before the court date. About 6 months later a family member called saying a county officer was looking for me for failue to appear. About a year later I returned and my license expired while I was gone. I went to drivers facilty to get a new license but i figured they would turn me away until I resovled those tickets. To my shock the man said I showed no record of ever having a license. So I took the exams and got a drivers license. A year later I was invovled in an accident, the officer took my license and went to his vehicle to write me a ticket. I started to wonder if that fallure to appear would pop up on the police records. To my surprise he said nothing gave me the ticket and of I went. I am puzzled how two agencys dont have any recoreds of this. Could it be possible that the officer didnt run my license and if i ever get another ticket it will pop up then? I would be more than happy to pay them but if they say it didnt happpen im not going to push it.

FlyingRon

The "ticket" is not a conviction in itself. Usually failure to appear ends up with a warrant outstanding for your arrest. It could pop up at any time. Chasing down traffic violators isn't highest on the priority list.

Maestro64

Most likely because you have a new license number is what is saving you, the old tickets and warrant is probably showing up under the old license number.

When you went in to renew your license, did you give them all the correct information. I had a friend who did the same and forgot which address the state had for the old license number and as far as the state was concerned at that point they did not have a license before in that state and they had to take the test over again. Later they remember the original address and called and they did in fact find the old license. When they first went in they tried to get the state to read down the list of people and addresses they had so he could identify themselves but they would not, unless you give them 100% accurate information they will not assume who you are. I think it about identity thief.

However, at some point that information could be tied back to you SS # too so it could still show up at some point. If you have friend who is officer or in the insurance industry see if they run your old number what happens.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">