• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dissappearing tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bethaneigh

YOUR STATE NAME - Kansas

my husband got two tickets in november of 2001, ten days before he was to appear for the tickets( one was no proof of insurance, and the other was following too close)he went back to prison for 5 months for a parole violation, he was just released on parole, and went to the district court to find out about fines and to see if he had a warrent for not showing since he was locked up and they couldnt find any warrents for that he even had a ticket, I want to know if this is gonna come back and haunt him , he cant afford to go back to jail for something he has been trying to take care of. Do tickets just dissappear like that very often. could someone please give me a suggestion as what to do
Thanks

D

davelu99

My suggestion is to find the original copies of the ticket he recieved from the police officer. Then have whomever (PD, Court, DMV) look up the ticket by the number. If they still can't find it, contact the police department that wrote the ticket. If they have no record of it, GET IT IN WRITING. Then, I'd say, lucky for your hubby. No Insurance tickets are KILLERS!!! Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">