• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DMV Hearing Problems, Need Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jwriter1966

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?I live in North carolina.
Hello, I had my NC drivers license revoked. I recieved some tickets which I did not pay and my license were supended. Then was I stopped for driving on the supended license which resulted in a revocation. I make no excuse for my stupidity but will say that I have never had a DUI or careless and reckless.
I hired an attorney to take care of all outstanding tickets in NC and then waited out my revocation period then applied for a hearing with DMV. I was granted a hearing date of Apirl 19, 2005 which I went to yesterday.
I recieved a letter from DMV pior to this which states that I was to have at least 2 witness' and certified criminal record checks from all counties I lived in going back 7 years. I obtained those and got my witness' and headed off to have my hearing.
When I arrived the DMV officer told me she could not proceed with the hearing because I had a ticket in Baltimore Maryland (i was born and raised there) dated 1/08/86 that had not been payed and a charge in Wake County North Carolina form 5/22/88 for selling Beer to a minor which she said was never resolved. I remember I was working as a store clerk back then while in college and sold beer with out asking for I.D. and the person turned out to be underage. I was fired and don't recall any other legal action.
She said I would have to have those resolved before hearing my case. She also said she would require a copy of my maryland driving record.
As I stated all paper work I was given stated 7 year record checks and the issues she brought up are much older then 7 years. Not to mention that I held a North Carolina Drivers License since 1985 until just a couple of years ago.
I contacted an attorney whom stated to me that it would be of considerable cost and time to research the old case's and that if they are re-entered into court to be resolved then the convictions would count as just having occured and add more time to my revocation.
As I said this is a result of my own stupidity but I feel that I have been punished enough. I have a wife and child and working is hard with out being able to drive.......Please, any advice is welcome....Thank You

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">