• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have any other options to obtain a FTA release?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ethan_Agan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Georgia

My name is Ethan and I live in Georgia. Long story short, April 24th, 2016 I was pulled over because the officer said he ran my tag and my car came up as uninsured. I assured the officer that I had insurance, and proceeded to try to log on to my insurance provider account to which, unknowingly at the time, my parents changed the password. I told the officer I would need to call my parents to get the login information and he said okay and went to sit back in his car. Due to service complications I was not able to get the information right away and the officer became impatient and issued me a citation. Now I was homeless living in my car through all this so I never received any paperwork informing me that my license was going to be suspended or anything like that so I assumed that maybe the officer or tag office made a mistake and the insurance issue was resolved when the officer went to file a report or something.

Fast forward to the present time, I have since had to get rid of the vehicle I was stopped in due to mechanical issues which forced me to go live with my father in Georgia, about 2 weeks ago due to the fact my father has an alcohol issue and I do not want to be around that, my mother came and got me and took me up to South Carolina where I had a vehicle she would give me if I got it running. Yesterday for some unknown reason I felt the need to check the status of my license before I decided to drive back to Georgia. Its a good thing I did because I found that my license has been suspended for failure to appear as of 9/6/2016, immediately I found a way to get the $90 and pay the reinstatement fee online, but I also need a release form. The problem is I am stuck in South Carolina with my only way back to Georgia being driving myself, which I cannot in good conscience do.

Do I have any options as far as obtaining a release form when I am out of state? I currently have the confirmation email sent to me saying I paid the $90, I also have a statement from the insurance company saying that I did indeed have insurance on the date in question, and a copy of the insurance card for the vehicle I was driving on the date in question. Is there any way to get the court to send a release form without me being there in person to get it? Or am I pretty much out of options?

Thanks in advance,

Ethan

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">