• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Aliciaj

What is the name of your state?Ohio
I got a ticket for failure to yield to the car on the right at the juntion of two alleys. I was coming up the alley i live on namely troyer court when a car came out of a smaller unnmamed alley on the right and hit me. The intersection is a T intersection and I was travrling across the top of the T while she was coming from the base of the T turning right and clipped the front right bumper of my car. I have already plead not guilty but have no idea how to present my case or even if i am right.

seniorjudge

Based solely on the facts contained in your post, you are guilty. Cars coming from the right at an uncontrolled intersection always have the right of way.

Don't they still teach this stuff in driver's ed?

LSCAP

Were there stop or yield signs? Is the other street un-named, or don't you know what it is.

If both are named streets and it is an uncontrolled intersection, then the vehicle on the right has the right of way. If the other street is a driveway, private road, etc..than the vehicle in the main roadway has the right of way over a vehicle entering the main roadway.

HomeGuru

Aliciaj said:
What is the name of your state?Ohio
I got a ticket for failure to yield to the car on the right at the juntion of two alleys. I was coming up the alley i live on namely troyer court when a car came out of a smaller unnmamed alley on the right and hit me. The intersection is a T intersection and I was travrling across the top of the T while she was coming from the base of the T turning right and clipped the front right bumper of my car. I have already plead not guilty but have no idea how to present my case or even if i am right.

**A: you're not in the right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">