• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does 72hr rule apply on all contracts?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

World_Rule

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
ans: Georgia

My question is does the 72hr rule/law apply to any and all contracts?

FlyingRon

Absolutely not. It doesn't even apply to MOST contracts. The most common 72 hour rule applies only to real estate contracts.

World_Rule

Reason I ask is because I was told that someone got a speeding ticket and wrote across the ticket in red ink " your offer to contract is being rejected" never hearld of that before and it sparked my curiosity. To my understanding whatever you sign or has your signature and a date on it can be considered a contract, is that not true?

Thanks!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Reason I ask is because I was told that someone got a speeding ticket and wrote across the ticket in red ink " your offer to contract is being rejected" never hearld of that before and it sparked my curiosity. To my understanding whatever you sign or has your signature and a date on it can be considered a contract, is that not true?

Thanks!
No-no-no. A traffic ticket is not a "contract". :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Proserpina

Unfortunately, it's not new. I could be wrong, but isn't this what Dillon spouts off about occasionally?

Oh snap, you might be right. I've never had cause to research, having never gotten a ticket before.

And you just invoked the D. Go to your room!

:p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">