• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does a seatbelt ticket count as a point against your driving record??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dj14

What is the name of your state? California

Does a seatbelt ticket count as a point against your driving record?

S

sdstrooper

I believe any traffic ticket you get goes on driving record if you are convicted of it (by paying the fine).

tigger22472

sdstrooper said:
I believe any traffic ticket you get goes on driving record if you are convicted of it (by paying the fine).
I could be wrong and I hope if I am someone comes along and corrects me however I've been told the answer to your question is no... seat belt tickets do not go on your driving record. Now, if you don't pay the fine the can suspend your lisence due to unpaid fine but again from everything I've been told it doesn't go on your record.

B

BlueStructure

Isnt a seatbelt ticket considered a non-moving violation? Not all tickets involved points on your license but it im sure it varies from state to state.

27315 is not a point

But if you get more than one in 3 years, they will count as priors. PNC and most likely, they will Suspend the fine

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">