• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does a ticket stay on record 3 years from date given or date convicted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? CA

For example i received a speeding ticket in November 07. If i fight it and am found guilty in june 08 does the ticket stay on my record til November 2010 or June 2011??

Thanks!

CdwJava

The citation is not reported to the DMV until after conviction. Whether they use the date of the citation or the date of the conviction, I am not completely sure, though I suspect it is three years from the date of conviction.

- Carl

occharge

I say its 3 years from the date of the violation.

I'll have to find the CVC section!
OK, about a week late or so but here it is from the horse's mouth...

The DMV Website states under Retention of Driver Record Information Reported Information and Reporting Periods

Abstracts of Conviction
Most violations designated as two points will be reported for 10 years from the violation date. All other convictions of traffic violations will be reported for 3 years from violation date.
Link: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/ffdl15.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">