• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does Utah have backward looking moving radar installed in their Hiway Patrol vechicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CyberChef

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ (traveling through UT, CO, NE, IA into IL.) Citation occurred in UT

Does UT have rearward facing MOVING radar in their trooper units? I was recently traveling through UT to IL and came upon a police car driving in the same direction of travel as I. He pulled over to the shoulder to ensure I passed him , whereupon he pulled back onto the road, turned on his emergency lights and initiated a traffic stop. My question is: Does such technology exist; and if so, is it currently in use in the state of UT? I saw many troopers in every state, including Utah, that we drove through 2 weeks ago sitting taking radar at opportune locations; and I know that some patrol cars in AZ are equipped with forward looking moving radar, but this is the first I have ever heard of such hardware. Anybody know for sure???

Thank you in advance.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ (traveling through UT, CO, NE, IA into IL.) Citation occurred in UT

Does UT have rearward facing MOVING radar in their trooper units? I was recently traveling through UT to IL and came upon a police car driving in the same direction of travel as I. He pulled over to the shoulder to ensure I passed him , whereupon he pulled back onto the road, turned on his emergency lights and initiated a traffic stop. My question is: Does such technology exist; and if so, is it currently in use in the state of UT? I saw many troopers in every state, including Utah, that we drove through 2 weeks ago sitting taking radar at opportune locations; and I know that some patrol cars in AZ are equipped with forward looking moving radar, but this is the first I have ever heard of such hardware. Anybody know for sure???

Thank you in advance.
Were you cited? If so, does the citation show what method was used to measure your speed?

latigo

Thank you in advance.
Yes! They are looking back to see if you if you are looking back to see if they are looking back at you.

[SUP](Apologies to songsters Jim and Maxine Brown)[/SUP]

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
There is no such thing as "rearward facing moving radar".

All modern radar sets have the capability to have two antennas connected. If there are two then one faces the front and one the back of the car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">