• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

..Doing 110 in a 65 limit...help ...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amkore

[What is the name of your state?
I was caught doing a 110 mph in a 65 mph interstate highway in Indiana (white county,close to monticello)at 2.30 am ..the cop was hiding behind a bush with lights turned off when I sped in front of him..he got me on radar ...gave me 2 tickets..one for speeding and the other for reckless driving...I was asked to call the a court number and found out that I have to appear in court...was told that the court date would be mailed to me at my address...I have a speeding ticket on my record (about 10 months ago) in Illinois (chicago)where I reside ....I have just turned 25 two months ago.....I spoke to a few guys and was advised to hire a local lawyer...I dont know wheather I should hire one,if so how do I find a local lawyer in Moticello...

Besides I have my semester exams coming up and expect the court dates to clash...so do I call the court before they issue a date and request them to place me sometime later........need help desperately........to advise ..email me at .. [email protected]

Last edited:

LawGirl10

amkore said:
[What is the name of your state?
I was caught doing a 110 mph in a 65 mph interstate highway in Indiana (white county,close to monticello)at 2.30 am ..the cop was hiding behind a bush with lights turned off when I sped in front of him..he got me on radar ...gave me 2 tickets..one for speeding and the other for reckless driving...I was asked to call the a court number and found out that I have to appear in court...was told that the court date would be mailed to me at my address...I have a speeding ticket on my record (about 10 months ago) in Illinois (chicago)where I reside ....I have just turned 25 two months ago.....I spoke to a few guys and was advised to hire a local lawyer...I dont know wheather I should hire one,if so how do I find a local lawyer in Moticello...

Besides I have my semester exams coming up and expect the court dates to clash...so do I call the court before they issue a date and request them to place me sometime later........need help desperately........to advise ..email me at .. [email protected]
Yes, you probably need an attorney. As for the court date, all you can do is call the court and ask for a later date, but definitely try it before they actually schedule it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">