• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Don't want this on my record!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gorgeous2476

What is the name of your state?WASHINGTON

I'm a delivery driver. While backing out of a customer's driveway, I backed into a police car (the station is right across the street). There was minimal damage to each vehicle. So minor in fact, the officer told me that had it been a regular car, it would be unreportable. However, this was a city vehicle and was reported. He gave me a ticket for "unsafe backing causing collision". Is there anyway to fight this?

To the right of me were a row of cars/trucks that blocked my view, I have photos. I have a clean record for the last five years and have had no problems with my driving at work. I've also been diagnosed with ADD, which can effect my attentiveness to detail. I just got new insurance and can barely afford those payments (I'm a full time student).

I would gladly pay the fine and even take defensive driving lessons, if I could just keep this off my record. I need a clean driving record in order to keep my insurance payments down and hopefully be able to deliver when I transfer to the university.

gorgeous2476

Dont want this on my record

Did I do this right?

gorgeous2476 said:
What is the name of your state?WASHINGTON

I'm a delivery driver. While backing out of a customer's driveway, I backed into a police car (the station is right across the street). There was minimal damage to each vehicle. So minor in fact, the officer told me that had it been a regular car, it would be unreportable. However, this was a city vehicle and was reported. He gave me a ticket for "unsafe backing causing collision". Is there anyway to fight this?

To the right of me were a row of cars/trucks that blocked my view, I have photos. I have a clean record for the last five years and have had no problems with my driving at work. I've also been diagnosed with ADD, which can effect my attentiveness to detail. I just got new insurance and can barely afford those payments (I'm a full time student).

I would gladly pay the fine and even take defensive driving lessons, if I could just keep this off my record. I need a clean driving record in order to keep my insurance payments down and hopefully be able to deliver when I transfer to the university.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">