• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dphsr

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dphsr

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ohio
I was stopped for speeding in Brookpark Ohio for doing 42 in a 25.
I know i wasn't going that fast and when i asked to see the radar i was told he didn't lock it in. Do I have the right to see how fast I was going, when I called the the Police Dept. they told me they don't have to show me.

racer72

The officer does not have to show you the radar gun, in fact, some state prohibit showing it. Even if you were shown the radar gun, the officer could claim in court that you do not have the proper training to use and read the radar gun and any testimony you give about the radar would not be admissable. I would suggest a consultation with a local attorney if you wish to fight the citation.

CdwJava

dphsr said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ohio
I was stopped for speeding in Brookpark Ohio for doing 42 in a 25.
I know i wasn't going that fast and when i asked to see the radar i was told he didn't lock it in. Do I have the right to see how fast I was going, when I called the the Police Dept. they told me they don't have to show me.
Even if you DID see it, how do you know he didn't lock it in earlier and that it even was YOUR speed?

They don't have to show you. In fact, for safety reasons it is not usually a good idea for an officer to do so.

- Carl

mometal77

hi

I was pulled over about two years ago by an officer asked to see the radar he went all the way back to his motorcycle to show me and said i must have turned it off. Was that training? ugh also i learned that they write everything you say down.
bobby

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">